View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
SpeedyCorky
also races Sportbikes!!!

Mo' Mon-nay! - '00 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 52.26 mpg (US)

Carbon Silver - '06 Honda Insight
90 day: 82.2 mpg (US)
I got the MPGuino from a user on this forum: JellyBeanDriver
let him know i referred you to him!

as far as the link for MPGuino calibration on a 2000 civic HX, here it is:
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ures-8355.html

thinking more about what gauge i like better..... I basically use the UltraGauge for its digital tachometer function. by look at the digital tach, i can tell very accurately if i'm accelerating (slightly), or decelerating - and use that info to apply a hair more or less gas, depending on the road situation. the Ultra is also good to keep track of intake temp, and engine load. but the MPGuino is soooo useful for its fuel data that it gives.

example:
you are going up a hill. you want to be decelerating very slightly, so you watch the UltraGauge digital tach to make sure that is happening. as you crest the hill, you want to start to level out the tacho so you are not gaining or losing RPM. then on the way down the hill, you want to watch the MPGuino to make sure you are still getting good MPG when you *slightly* accelerate down the hill, once you have accelerated to your desired max speed, put car in neutral and coast down the rest of the hill (or EOC). and watch the MPGuino go to insane numbers for instant MPG, and your overall trip MPG will go up way fast as a result.

2006 Honda Insight
MIMA, FAS, no passenger sideview mirror, race style drivers mirror, front and rear underbody aero, temporary front air dam

Last edited by SpeedyCorky; 09-28-2012 at 07:56 PM..