View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jakins
Master EcoModder

hX-TREME!!! - '97 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 54.75 mpg (US)

450sX-TREME!!! - '95 Nissan V8 240sx

chodercycle - '06 kawasaki ninja zx6r 636
yah, well the 98 99 2000 civics are the same as the 96 97 but i think after 2000 they did get a bit heavier and more safety and emissions friendly. who needs safety? i took the bumper support out of my 97 civc and some dumb girl stopped in the middle of an intersection and i tapped her bumper and all it did was break my zip ties the 92-95 vx and 96-98 hx are probly the best. some people get a crap load of milage out of the 89-91 civics because they are the lightest. they basically get heavier as the years go up. so depending on it you want the luxury of newer cars or just gas milage its kind of up to you. i think the 92-95 civic vx is the best option. light and the economy vtec leanburn mode. i have the 96-98 equivelent in the HX. these cars are built specifically for gas milage. they are like 200 pounds lighter than the other models. and remember. sun roofs are usually 100 pounds extra some times more.

one thing for sure, ANY civic will be better than a voyager lol. and make sure you get a manual. dont even bother with an auto. and id stay away from EX trim civics because they have "sportyer" transmissions with way shorter gearing and a little more power than the other civics and they have sunroofs and other heavy amenities. but yah. it is really easy to avarage well over 38 mpg in any civic.