View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucepick View Post
I read over the requirements for the 150 mph club runs. Understood some of them. Requires a roll cage and other things that most of our cars don't have. Will add some weight, too.

Just sayin', plan ahead for that run !
Yes,everything that develops over the next year will add mass to the truck.So the gutless-wonder would be under an even greater disadvantage,acceleration wise.
The iffy optimism would revolve around the extra mile.
Plan-B is to head for North Carolina and see about getting into the A2 Wind Tunnel facility.
If they could measure the Cd and run their smoke wand all over the thing with the video camera running,we'd have a 'good' number for drag,and the smoke would reveal any areas which require additional work.It would be worth a lot.
Since Csaba Csere has left the helm at CAR and DRIVER,I don't think they do coastdown tests anymore out at Chrysler's Proving Ground where they tested my CRX.So I think that door of opportunity has closed.
I'll have a little time to scratch my head before I have to commit some dollars one way or another.
While a top speed would be a data point I don't yet have,it's the Cd I'm most interested in.
The wind tunnel wouldn't have the 'rulebook' requirements.And it wouldn't have 'salt' and the problematic rolling resistance associated with that.