View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #81 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
I haven't thought any about the fuel price, because I don't pay for diesel fuel. I burn waste oil, so even the pollution I create offsets the pollution created for the necessities of producing fuel.

That said, I haven't done anything with this as yet. I've changed bikes, designs, etc so many times that I haven't got a clue what I'm doing with anything right now, other than trying to sort a small business fixing and selling motorcycles.

I'm tired of working for "the man" these days. I'd rather just work for myself and when I feel like it.

I'm focusing more of my efforts on getting to a point where I'm spending little to nothing for utility bills and such and fuel, then over time, I'm working out my fleet (which currently includes ~12 vehicles) to the point where everything I own for regular/work use is diesel powered (because it's free for me).

I have a 6.5KW Home Power Unit with an ATS that I intend to use for power generation when there isn't enough solar energy available to keep my (very small) power use sustained.

I literally burn one or two 13W lights for a few hours a day at this point, other than the stuff that has clocks, etc on it.