View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
sdecoman
EcoModding Lurker

To Arragonis, The LRR tires I have are Kuhmo Solus HM size 175R13. They are the narrowest I could get. Just getting 13 inch tires is getting harder every time I try. The car originally came with 165R13s but I couldn't find any when I decided to go with LRR. I chose the Kuhmo because I could get it in a 13 inch and if I remember right it gave comparable mileage improvement to the Bridgestone. I put a set on my wife's car this year but she doesn't keep as close an eye on her gas mileage as I do. As far as pressure goes, I try to keep them at 35psi cold. I realize there has been some discussion on running higher and lower and I'm the last one to get into that. Anyway, I don't have any complaints about them but don't know what contribution they are making to my gas mileage. You see, I only drive about 3,000 miles per year. In the winter, I put studded snow tires on both cars because we live out of town and up on top of a hill. We're in the county and even though on a bus route, we're so far from the county seat and the nearest town won't come into our county with sand or a plow. As a result the gas mileage goes down in the winter which sometimes starts in October and doesn't end until May. Well that's about it about the tires, thanks for asking.

Tom Beno

Oh, yeah, I'm going to move out of Introductions and post my comments and questions in one of the other categories. Thanks to those who answered my post.
The Following User Says Thank You to sdecoman For This Useful Post:
Arragonis (10-03-2012)