View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 01:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
sdecoman
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks to all who answered my post. I'm going to have to take a few pictures and post them and watch as the groans issue from you all. I have looked at Aeroheads site and photos. I thought that I might put on some 15" inch full moon hubcaps, maybe fender skirts on the rear wheels and a partial fill on the front wheel wells.

The story behind this truck is a somewhat long and tortured one. To make a story short, I needed a replacement for a 1984 S-10 V6 5spd. with a 7 foot bed. This Ranger is the only under full size I could find in four states. It's not exactly what I want but usable. I needed at least a V6 and a manual transmission and small and light enough to get into places a full size truck won't go. Anyway, it will be paid off next month and I can doing some things I wouldn't have done when the bank owned it.

The topper is a standard height Proline aluminum model. If I had bought a fiberglass one it would have been exactly the same height as the cab. The dealer didn't mention that and the brochure didn't show a Ranger. Any way, the corners are rounded but as I have mentioned, the top edge is about three inches taller than the cab. When I take a break from 'modding my car", I'll get some pictures of the truck and let you folks tell me how wrong everything is and have some real fun. For now I've got a couple of things I want to try on my car. The weather is getting better and we are supposed to finally get some rain. I am way overdue for some trips to the Black Hills before they close the roads for the season so the truck will have to do as is for now. Believe it or not the truck was bought new in September of 2009 and it has only 2800 miles on it. The most work it does is a couple of trips to the "Hills" and hauling pellets for my heating stove in the winter. So, it really hasn't been too expensive to have so far.

Well, enough hot air from me for now. I'll get some photos when I can and we can go from there. Thanks again to all for replying .

Tom Beno