View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 11:33 PM   #57 (permalink)
henn norris
EcoModding Lurker

A truck-saving idea.

Wow, i feel like a ugly girl asked to prom by the football captain. you totally led us on there PTGO. But, i would rather see the aero cover anyhow. What happened to your duct tape wheel fairings? I would like to see three things on top of the aero shell, a good economical wheel fairing for the front and rear wheel wells, a easy to install bed pan and remote cameras in place of side view mirrors.

I own a truck as well, and I love it! However, it is time to face our demons. 20 t0 30 mpg is still to low. It is going to take a lot of ingenuity and sweat to get our F-150's and other midsized trucks over 30 mpg. Should i sell now while the truck still has good trade in value? Or, can i afford to make modifications to my truck that may achieve better gas mileage in the short term but ruin any chance for me to sell it in the future?

I think we would all agree that we are heading away from using petroleum products as the primary means to power our vehicles. So, is it worth making these modifications now? Is it worth destroying your trade in value, voiding your warranty and wasting money for a few extra mpg's right now? Is it a better deal to trade in now on a hybrid that will hold its value better into the future? Or, does someone have an idea that will allow us to keep our trucks, thus our way of life, and still afford to drive them?

Because, I haven't seen a truck-saving idea yet!

henn