View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
wyatt
EcoModder

Big Salsa - '04 Toyota Sienna LE

Silver - '10 Toyota Prius III
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Was there a change in circumference from the 17's to the 15's as well?
Yes, but just barely. 1/2" difference between the two's circumference. I can take a tape measure to them and get actual circumferences if you like.

Quote:
EDIT: also went to check your fuel log to see what it looked like. Not updated since 2010! Any chance you can add in some previous tanks & come back and post future ones so we can see how this plays out over a bit more time?
That's my wife's 2005 Prius. I got her to keep and fill out a fuel log that is kept in the car (so those records do exist). I have been meaning to take the log and update the Ecomodder log, but... well, it's on my list of things to do .

I haven't created a fuel log with my 2004 yet because... well, to be honest, I was a bit embarrassed at how "bad" the FE had been. This is on my short list of things to do

Quote:
Wyatt - any chance you can post a photo of the 17 inch wheel/tire combo when it was on the car?

I'd like to put this thread in rotation on the home page.
My wife took some pictures of them on her car (hope that will work for you). Otherwise, I will have to do some deep searching to see if I have any of them on my car. I can get pictures of the new rims/tires for you no problem. The new rims are off a 2010, and naturally I am driving WITH the hubcaps in place
Also, I would wait a couple tanks before posting to the home page. I know things are more positive, but I would hesitate to show the 64mpg number until I verify (or debunk) with a couple more tanks. For whatever reason, our Prius' here can tend to make the fuel pumps shut off early. I never had that problem with my Swift...