View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
100MPGPLUS
EcoModding Lurker

Increase MPG with DIY Fuel Additive

increase mpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I own a 2005 Tahoe, 2x4, LT, loaded with every extra except sunroof. I started researching the Fuel Additives, for over a two to three month period. Then I settled on Xylene and Acetone, mixure for my experiment. I went to Ace Hardware, purchased, a Gallon of both. I add 4 oz of each, 8 oz total per full tank, about 20 gallons. I went from 16 mpg to 20 mpg and while the MPG increase, the engine ran with more pick up (148,000 miles) and when I change the oil, the oil is visually cleaner. I suspect that the internal engine is being cleaned with every application and the engine is running better too.

So, I would try the same, 4 oz per 20 gallons of each, total of 8 oz, for each twenty gallons.

One side note, I have a 10hp Wood/Chipper, which I use to chop up tree trimmings, and I put in 2 oz of Xylene, because it had been a while between uses. While using the chipper, when the Xylene, got to the motor, the engine picked up an noticebly increase in RPM, in fact, has to choke down, to even out the running.

Xylene is an Octane Booster
Acetone is a cleaner
Together they will increase MPG, internal Clean the engine and increase torque.

I have been using this formula, for three months and I am very happy.

Mark G. Cooper
Phoenix, Arizona