View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 02:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
vskid3
Master EcoModder

Civic DX (sold) - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 34.15 mpg (US)

GTO (sold) - '04 Pontiac GTO
90 day: 22.62 mpg (US)

Green Brick (sold) - '06 Ford Escape Hybrid
90 day: 31.93 mpg (US)
Thought I would post a little update since there's not much info on Escape Hybrids here.

It currently has 137,000 miles. My wife is managing to maintain a 32MPG average. She's not really trying to hypermile, but she is at least aware and tries to keep the MPGs up most of the time. Only mods are still just a roof rack crossbar delete and 40-44PSI in the tires (my dad filled them to 44 last week, they were down to 40 from not being filled since June).

I got a Scangauge II and OBD-II port splitter. The Scangauge and Ultragauge appear to play nice with each other from the quick test my wife did. Unfortunately, unless I can convince her that programming x-gauges is fun, it'll probably have to wait until I get home in January. I'll be able to have a total of 10 gauges visible at a time. The ultragauge will still display the normal car stuff like instant mileage and RPM, and I'll use the scangauge for some hybrid specific gauges.

Now to the less good news. The MECS pump, which circulates the coolant for the motors and electronics, died a couple months ago. Was about $300 for a new one from the dealer, but it was an easy install. They're available online for less than $200, but we couldn't afford to wait. The old one appeared to be original, so it lasted longer than average from what I've read. Then the 12v battery decided to die a few weeks ago. It too appeared to be original, which seems to be about average or maybe even longer than most.

Camry Thread
E-Bike Thread