View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #49 (permalink)
ev99saturn
EcoModding Lurker

Snake Oil - '10 Factory Five Racing Mk4
90 day: 77 mpg (US)
Hi Frank,

They do make both a rag top and hard top option for the car, and one will probably get added at some point after everything else is done on the car.

For now, I want to get lots of test data for baseline and to measure the changes.

One of the challenges now, is the weather cooling off. Lithium is not as affected by the cold as lead-acid, but still does have some reduction in capacity. Not sure if there is much at 40F compared to 70F, but any amount will offset the test results.... perhaps as much as adding one or more of the aero-improvements I am now planning?

If/when you plan to get to my area, please do let me know and we will hook up. I would like to speak with you more about the Loring Timing Association. It keeps rolling around in my mind....

Cheers,
Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
Hi Wayne,

(Glad you found this site.) Pay no attention to the tranny-lovers behind the curtain! You're fine with your choice. The Gear Vendor will only help if you start revving too high when racing. Metric picked up some performance with his Fiero when he added his. All the aero suggestions are good. The only thing I don't think anyone has raised is perhaps some way to smooth airflow tumbling over the top of the windshield. I don't know what the OEM's do but there must be some tricks to make improvements in this area.

I'd still like to get down your way sometime this fall to see your car in person.

regards,
Frank