View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:25 AM   #72 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenwright View Post
Your idea and plan are really great. Are you working on it or you have just provided a piece of information to us? Thanks anyways.
What do you mean when you ask if I am working on it? I'm working on it, but it's a hobby, I also have a job, a house, a garden, a regular life and my workshop is 3 miles away at my parents house so it's an investment in time to go there to work on it, if I had my own workshop then spending 10 minutes puttering away on some small part of it wouldn't be an issue!

I also like sharing information! Ben Nelson inspired me to build this motorcycle by sharing info on what he did, so I'll share what I'm doing, I also get something out of sharing info by getting others to solve problems, ask questions and help me out in other ways like the fact that I am saving $600 on lithium batteries because one of the people in the local electric vehicle club thought my project sounded like it would be better with lithium batteries so he cut me in on a great group buy, but my goal has always been to build something for my self that could be replicated in the same way you can share a recipe with someone, they can fallow it word for word and get the same results or they can make changes and make it there own, for that reason I want to know what the basics are of how well this will work! thus testing it with a heavy low voltage set of batteries with basic cheap parts, then I'll refine and hone it to make it better and test it again! and share that info, that way if I ever get kits put together then when you go to build a motorcycle you can see how the low budget version will perform or you can see how the higher budget version will perform instead of saying to your self that you have a budget of some set amount to play with and if it doesn't work it's not a big loss.

Putting together kits is on my list of things to do and I have all of the resources I need to build the custom parts, to source the used golf cart parts, but right now this is still in the hobby phase.