View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 12:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
k-vette
EcoModding Lurker

Yotarolla - '06 Toyota Corolla ce
Team Toyota
90 day: 45.15 mpg (US)

Nighthawk - '84 Honda 700s
Motorcycle
90 day: 56.23 mpg (US)

Wife's Camry - '10 Toyota Camry
90 day: 23.89 mpg (US)
Max % over EPA by driving changes?

I wanted to see if anyone had guesses on how much over EPA you can achieve by driving alone. Guesses? Perhaps there's somewhere to check mileage by cars that are stock, but I didn't see it.

I ask because I'm always "waiting" to do aero or other mods until my driving changes have maxed out the mileage. Unfortunately (or not) I haven't found an end yet!

I started at 32mpg (rated 31) in my 2006 Corolla. It has over 200,000 miles now and everything works perfectly. When I started, I got up to 35, then 38mpg tanks. I thought 40mpg was going to be nearly impossible. I was wrong... My last few tanks were 43, the first quarter of a tank I was over 50 this time around, now I've dropped to about 47 according to the meter, which is pretty accurate. Looking forward to the fill-up, but it's going to take awhile! Sitting around 1/3 tank at 200 miles.

As far as mods go, I haven't even checked the tire pressure since new tires were put on a few months ago. (Costco did fill with nitrogen, so they've never looked flat)

I'm starting to think this Corolla is a bit under-rated.