View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
If you don't shop at Wally World, that would be why. They're the "service retailer". I'm not fond of them, but there's nothing about my phone service providing my money to off-shore beneficiaries (that I'm aware of), so I'll bite it and use their service if it's of the same quality as my current service.

Plus, any unlocked/rooted GSM phone works. You just buy a SIM from Wal-Mart and install it in your phone and install the service package, then buy a card and put in the code for it.

You can even use an iPhone, and I hear Apple will help you unlock an AT&T phone as long as it's not the "newest" one on the market.
My gf was given an older iPhone that she uses only as an MP3 player. Her current phone is on the fritz, so this is the ideal situation. If we were neighbors I'd buy you lunch for being so timely/helpful.

From what I have read of your posts, you come across as being politically conservative. I imagine that is uncommon for this site, but maybe that is just me projecting my imagination of liberals driving tiny cars.

I don't shop at Walmart often, but I have no objection to it. Price is the most important consideration to me, and as long as Walmart and their brands employ people willing to work for the wages and conditions that are provided, then I am happy to purchase at the lowest price (almost all of my purchases are online).

In a global economy, "off-shoring" is a natural consequence of free-market practices. The US is among the leaders of free-market capitalism, which is one of the major reasons the country rose to such great economic prosperity. The notion that the loss of menial jobs to overseas workers causes economic hardship is preposterous. Americans don't want to work for such low wages as would be required to be competitive with Chinese workers, so we let the Chinese do those jobs while Americans are free to do something else. While it's true that the Chinese may profit from this, that doesn't mean that we are proportionally poorer. It's the idea that a rising tide lifts all boats. Since that idea works locally (in the US), it must also work on a global scale.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
Christ (10-11-2012)