View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Vince-HX
Ecoformance Engineer

EJ7 - '96 honda civic Hx
Last 3: 58.02 mpg (US)
Vtec-E is where its @

Hey, my names Vince and i currently own a 96 Honda Hx

And I think i'm addicted to mpg

It all started when my mom bought a Prius and every time i would borrow it I would just geek out on trying to achieve the max mpg and return it with a higher average. Currently I can average about 75 mpg with mostly in city driving in that thing. I was kinda disappointed it didn't come with a "smart" cruise control though.

Anyway, back to the Honda

Bone stock - recent tune up
180,000 miles
current average - 44 mpg mixed 30% city/ 70 % highway
Odometer has been GPS verified

I have some mods done that hurt the mpg a little bit to achieve better handling. Integra alloy five spoke 15x6 (16lbs) with Falken Ziex 912 205-50-15s. Also a Full-Race traction bar has replaced the stock front cross member. Right now i'm trying to source an original set of Hx rims (12 lbs) with a LLR set of tires for long trips for that extra 2-3 mpg. The car is also lowered about 2-3 inches with a full Eibach Sportline suspension kit that is showing its age and will be swapped out with a complete Bilstein sport kit.

I also recently installed a carbon front lip and a vacuum gauge but haven't run through a full tank yet to verify any changes.

Planned mods -
Full Fiberglass belly pan
Custom stainless steel header
hx rims with LLR tires
fully adjustable grill block
oil pressure and temp guages
TPS meter
Dwell meter for leanburn monitoring
Rear sideskirts
Ac clutch on power steering pump

And a turbo is in the future

40 mpg + 200 hp is totally possible

So yeah, i'll post up some pix when i can

70 mpg or die modding

www.full-race.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
looking forward to seeing what kind of uber-sipper slinks out of the full race skunkworks.

Last edited by Vince-HX; 06-10-2008 at 10:41 PM..