View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
88FieroGT
EcoModding Lurker

Free Design programs?

Free EASY to use program , I have tried a few without much practice I am computer savy and pretty mechanically inclined. But something about seeing these computer programs just overwhelms me and I just dont feel like I know where to start and write them off as being too complicated.

I would like something that I can make a model with and actually see it in action / movement

suggestions?

------------------

I am in the process of designing a new engine type , where so far it seems any type of engine , two stroke , four stroke , new tech and old tech can be easily modified to retrofit.

I have had this idea for years , came to me from an old value meal toy but actually decided to look into it today and within the first 30 minutes I said to myself ohhh **** I think I got it.

in my head the design seems to bring tons of amazing pros that in conjuction with each other seem to be a multiplying result of efficiency due to mechanical advantage , simplicity , lighter weight and rotating masses , and inherent knock accepting qualities leading to high reliability under bad tune/environmental/fuel conditions.

There are a few qualities that i am not sure if they are pros or cons , but I feel if they arent pros they can be fixed with tuning and engineering changes but I am unaware of the actually reliability of some of the components design and friction of them in an engine ... I am trying to be secretive because its so simple I cannot afford to give away an idea to someone who can create a patent and design before me.

One disadvantage that I am encountering is however though , the timing... The engine seems like it may have increased harmonics and vibrations due to the simplicity and pre-detonation abilities of the motor , which I need to figure out a way to keep everything in balance and firing order without creating alot friction , complexity , reliability , size and weight problems. But I am not exactly sure how much of a problem these timing differences cause , and cylinders do not even have to be paired but for balance and harmonics to cancel vibrations and protect bearings seems like it should be a number one priority. I am not a big fan of motors that vibrate so much they seem to be damaging their bearings but it could just be me trying to create a smooth running engine and thinking it may not be practical when reality it would be but "perfection" of certain criteria is on the mind.