View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 02:07 AM   #108 (permalink)
nmtmechengineer
EcoModding Lurker

Sexy Beast - '93 Nissan Altima GXE
My brother has the same truck. Except ours is the k2500 looks like yours is the
1500 because of those 6 lug wheels.

Our hesitation problem came from the TBI the spring for the fuel pressure regulator was old and did not return to its proper length from what I remember.

All this was done with smart driving in mind and looking to improve hwy mpg.
-Initially the truck was getting about 13mpg hwy at 70mph
-Did full tune up with new MSD ignition coil. was getting about 15 to 16 mpg hwy at 70mph
-Did full exhaust and new street tires. Same 15 to 16 mpg at hwy
-Huge K&N 14x5 filter, Airaid TB spacer, TBI mods and injector spacer. Hwy stayed the same.
-Used Airtabs VG's on roof no improvement.

BIGGEST GAINS came from Blocking Front Grill completely after installing electric fans and March Underdrive Pulleys all at once. Hwy MPG was 18-19. I did a small report on it for my Technical Writing class.

Other mod not listed where Hypertech Chip. This really woke up the truck for the city driving maybe it add some MPG. I never measured them because my brother started driving the truck after. Oh yeah, it did have the side steps installed when we bought it, they are like side skirts.

One thing that came to mind was the Front Air Damn thing was missing you could probably find a used one and chop it up and make it work. Because I'm assuming you probably don't want to remove that heavy deer catcher.