View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 03:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
mattrich67
EcoModding Lurker

97 accord auto - '97 honda Accord lx
90 day: 28.88 mpg (US)
Thanks for all the replies.

I have tried for a week and a half now to get the best mileage I can and I'm not gaining as much as I would have liked. I have gone from 25 mpg from the first tank after I bought it. ( it was sitting for 6 months ) these last two tanks I have only got 32 mpg withy the a/c on and that's with coasting to lights 65 freeway prob 60 town 40 freeway. I have been using the vacuum gauge and try very hard to keep that vacuum anywhere from 5-15 driving and then feather the pedal after I hit my speed goal.

How are you guys getting such awesome mpg. I thought with me driving like a grandmas grandma would get me maybe 40 with the mix driving and a/c but when I only saw 60 miles and its already in between full and 3/4 tank I don't know if its worth driving that cautious and that much concentration.

Is it me or something up with the car. I have changed everything and did all the fluids. It seems a little sluggish when I hit any type of incline. Seem like I always have to shift down??