View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
non-prophet
EcoModding Lurker

SoulWagon - '04 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab
Thanks guys.

Slowmover... these are very good things to consider.

MetroMPG - it has a factory MPG meter, but I will be using a scanguage alongside it. As for the topper, I have to go with what I can get immediately, within my budget, and with no possibility of leakage or any other problems. I'm all ears to a factory made aero topper, but I just have no idea where to find one in Canada. Throughout the year, I will pass by pretty well everywhere on the eastern seaboard, if anyone has suggestions. For now, it will be a leer 100xl i think:

I was wondering if it would be possible to do a little better putting something to help with airflow on the back of it.

Also, here's a link to some music: Amanda Davids | Toronto, ON, CA | R&B/Soul / Funk / Jazz | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation

I say funk, but there's a lot of soul and jazz in our show. It's just easier not to explain until someone is curious. Amanda plays several keyboards, including a Hammond organ, which takes up the most space and weight when we can bring it.

Redpoint - an outback can't hold nearly enough, both in weight and space. No wagon can. FYI, i tried to do one of these trips in my corolla with about 1100 pounds in it. My gas mileage was terrible, and it was dangerous. Although, any shows that don't require more than 900 pounds of weight, I will probably still take the corolla when I can. Even at it's limit, it does very well on highway mpg.

Ksa - an autostick would be awesome... I will speak to my mechanic about it and see if he has any creative ideas.

It's settled, I'll have this truck on the road thursday. I'm playing an out of town show with it Friday, so I'll start tracking my MPG right away. I dont have time to keep shopping around, and I had to find something that was in good shape, and would be reliable from the getgo without any work.