View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
07b2300
ecoModding beginner

07b2300 - '07 Mazda B2300
90 day: 27.97 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FX2.3 View Post
Little screws into the valance.. I need to add more as we have had some strong wind lately and I like to over do things

Great job!! Your valence is different than mine but probably similar--by any chance do you have any pics of how you screwed it on? Is it helping your mpgs? The look of your three phases look great. Glad to see others with trucks planning aerodymanic mods.

Wondering if it is better to extend the valence vertically and following the curve of the bumper or to make a kind of skidplatelikething out of plastic that angles down between the valence and the bottom of the cross member. Because the undersides of these trucks are so dirty does it make sense to direct more air around the sides (horizontal valence extension) or is it better to push the air under, using a gentle angle sloping backwards like a skid plate? I'm guessing better to send the air around and away from the cross members and axle and spare tire, etc and I DON"T want to lose the spare tire!

Apart from the vertical valence extension I'm planning to:
1) plug either the lower valence hole
2) plug the gap between the cab and the bed/canopy
3) maybe replace the stock back bumper with PVC pipe (like a fake tube bumper). Should save some weight + drag...

Last edited by 07b2300; 06-10-2008 at 07:20 PM..