View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
1carnut
EcoModding Lurker

Sparky - '07 Toyota Prius Base

Voltage_kwh - '18 Chevy Volt LT
90 day: 151.04 mpg (US)

Voltage_gas - '18 Chevy Volt LT
90 day: 43.38 mpg (US)
I'm using the Torque app and my Droid (love it!) and yes, when the second O2 goes to 0 you are in lean burn. There is a very slight delay in the time I feel it go in and the time I can see it on my gauge. When I first start out the reading is like 1.3 (cold engine). Once it's warm it usually sits at .8 and then once the rpm's are above about 1800 and you are very light on the throttle for a few seconds, it should go into lean burn. If you drop below those rpms or have to climb a hill and LOD goes above 90 or so it will also come out. The frustrating part for me (and other HX drivers that I've talked to) is that the Lean Burn is not consistent on these cars and is much more restricted than the VX Lean Burn motors. Brucepick put me on to use a bit of Marvel Mystery Oil in each tank of gas and that seems to help quite a bit. Sometimes I still will not be able to get Lean Burn as described above and it will only work in a higher rpm range. I would really like to find someone that has the capability to either tweak or remove the restrictions for Lean Burn in the HX ECU. Not trying to Lean Burn all the time, just want it to be more like the VX. Good luck!