Thread: Road trip!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybuck View Post
I realize you had time constraints but those are high speeds to me. I'm glad you had that much of an aero tow car.
Mpg not too bad for what you were doing.

Those bolt together trailers are fun to assemble!

Glad you had a safe, successful trip. Are you going to use the cart as is, or are you pulling the motor out for some other project?

Cheers!
My normal average speed is 45-60 at home on country highways. I was on the interstate highway and knew it would be a difficult weekend without sleep and including having to assemble a trailer (which I had no experience with specifically).

Not that it makes any difference in this forum, but I will also add that I OC'd my defense handgun the entire trip without issue, as well. I found that quite surprising, considering the areas and times I'd been stopping (mostly night, made the whole trip from here to there arriving at Dawn at the friend's house.)

The Golf Cart will be continued as-is with my own little touches. It's already runnable, albeit needing a bit of touching up and finishing work to be useable in it's full capacity.

Not something that will likely be covered on this forum 1. Because I can't readily use it legally on the streets here (non-registerable off road vehicle), and 2. It's not exactly designed for fuel economy so much as being able to do 140MPH on a Golf Cart. (Yes, yes I am.)

However, I will likely also use it in a utilitarian capacity, as well... like I do with nearly everything else I own.

I initially thought I would ride my Katana down, since it still gets 50+ MPG at speeds approaching reckless endangerment and rent a truck to haul the bike and the cart back, but I don't trust the bike that far, and I kinda needed a small trailer to haul scrap and such. It was definitely a fun adventure for me.