View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
SpeedyCorky
also races Sportbikes!!!

Mo' Mon-nay! - '00 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 52.26 mpg (US)

Carbon Silver - '06 Honda Insight
90 day: 82.2 mpg (US)
all good info - thanx!

on my way home from work today, i was able to get it to stay in lean burn for a good several minutes; but again, once the car got totally warm, i was unable to get it back into lean burn for more than a few seconds. good to know about the ~2400 rpm minimum for lean burn on a warm engine.... also, i will go take apart the fuel rail and clean it.

I ordered up a 49state (federal) ECU today. cost me a bit over 100bucks. not horrible if it does NOTHING, however i expect/suspect it will do a lot, lets hope so. i'll report back with the findings.

on this trip home today that i managed to keep it in lean burn for most of the trip, i usually get around 55mpg on that commute home - however with keeping it in lean burn as described, i averaged 61mpg on the commute home! thats a 6mpg difference, and i wasnt even in lean burn the whole time... i'll betcha i could even get a bit more out of it....maan 60mpg overall per tank seems VERY obtainable now.... maybe a more reasonable long term goal would be 65 or 70mpg !

oh yeah, and weatherspotter - no fair, u are running a crazy looking boat tail and all that jazz! cheater! lolz

2006 Honda Insight
MIMA, FAS, no passenger sideview mirror, race style drivers mirror, front and rear underbody aero, temporary front air dam