View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gealii
The Dirty330 Modder

CruzeRS - '15 Chevy Cruze LT RS
90 day: 41.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahPete View Post
I have the 2.2 ecotech engine. I want to add a kill switch most likely to the injectors but have no idea how to do this. Do you know anyone whose done it?

I noticed when I turn off the vehicle I have to start it again and I do not want to wear down the starter. When off the vehicle does not record my miles therefore it will show as worse mileage on my gas logs.

I have been searching for more complex information on my engine but do not know where to look. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Typically instead of using the starter unless at a dead stop people bump start there cars to start em while coasting. If done properly its suppose to add no more stress on the clutch than normal shifting.

If you key off the motor simply turn the key back to the on position and it will be closer to accurate miles.

i don't know of any1 whose done a kill switch to an ecotech, but im pretty sure some1 had done it this way i would research it more, but all u should have to do is unplug the injector fuse run a wire from the 1 side of that fuses box then connect to 1 side of the fuse, then connect another wire to the other side of the fuse and run it to a switch inside the car for you to turn off/on then run the wire from the switch back to the fuse box to the other side.

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing."
- Henry Ford
The Following User Says Thank You to Gealii For This Useful Post:
YeahPete (10-30-2012)