View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #53 (permalink)
Firestarter
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
The turbocharger is a gas turbine.

Removing the turbo from its heat source makes it function more like a very inefficient air tool.
Dencer exhaust going through the turbine housing doesn't compensate for anything. Less heat is lower energy which gives you less power to be had.
Over all drive pressure is something you don't want. Extracting work through differential temperature is how the engineers figure it.
There are better ways to deal with under hood temperature problems than adding more piping for the intake and a lengthy run of pipe containing drive pressure.

The established way of doing it works great for me, I see no need to try and reinvent the wheel.
I meant the remote turbo setup having oiling problems over the normal gravity return of the regular setup...

The exhaust still has heat. And drive pressure is a must. Your turbo will surge if the drive pressure drops below intake pressure. And sts may not have as much exhaust velocity... but it uses a smaller nozzle to compensate for it and the air density is greater from all the extra intercooler piping.

Never mind. I'm assuming its the he351... they make titanium turbines and billet batmo wheels for that turbo that should increase its efficiency by a lot.

I ran a race cover billet s300 over a s400 compound setup on a 70psi Cummins. Made over 700rwhp and 1500ft/lbs... ran 18* of timing and up to 4000rpm. Nothing like a Cummins!
2009 GSX-R1000 (stolen)
2010 Tacoma 4x4 6spd (sold)
2006 WRX/STi obp sedan (sold)
2009 GSX-R1000 (crashed)