View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
suspectnumber961
EcoModding Alien Observer

highcountryexplorer - '86 Nissan 720 KC 4x4 ST with fiberglass cap
90 day: 21.78 mpg (US)

Elroy - '03 Ford Focus ZX3 w/Zetec DOHC engine
90 day: 32.89 mpg (US)
Directory:Acetone:Rumbolt's 2-Stroke - PESWiki

This corresponds to 3oz/10 gal.

The first thing I noticed was an immediate increase in idle rpm by 1000rpm! I had to reset the idle screw. I also noticed that the mixture screw had to be reset for max rpm. I had to close it a bit.

I have now had a half dozen flights with acetone in the fuel. Further, the fuel has been allowed to sit in the plastic tank for 3 weeks with no apparent degradation.

My paramotor typically uses about 1 gal of fuel per hour of flight. Last night I flew for 0.9 hr and used only 1/2 gal of fuel! (90% gain?) I have also noticed a 1000rpm increase in max rpm while flying. This means more power!

Usually after a flight, I have to wipe the oil off the prop. (The unburned exhaust goes thru the prop.) I have seen a dramatic decrease in oil on the prop, indicating better burning of the fuel.

The spark plug is showing a good brown coloring, and I have seen no carbon buildup on the piston. Carbon buildup is typical of these engines.

In short, I have found acetone to be beneficial in small 2 stroke engines too!

GP-7 2-stroke racing oil

GP7 has PIB which has been documented to increase mpg for 2 strokes. Not cheap though.

PIB = polyisobutylene?

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. GALLUP POLL