View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cobb
Master EcoModder

I think Chrysler tried something like this with the PT crusier and a few other cars of that time. I dont think it worked out for some reason.

I cant really get into all of the details for the auto world, but I can for example tell you about mortgages, related BS and banks.

A mortgage is typically serviced by a bank for an investor. Banks seldom own the mortgage, they just have a right to some of the proceeds from your payment, service fees and provide customer no service, etc.

Thats why banks dont seem to be helpful when you need to do a modification, etc as they dont have any control of it, its between you, the investor and the promisary note that you signed.

Many time from the investors standpoint, ie(Scruge McDuck) he rather you sell the home or go into foreclosure and get something who can pay for it vs negoitate a payment plan, fore give some of the debt, wave fees, etc.

Of course for the investor the mort is insured, so McDuck wins either way.

Now a refi is another story as the bank makes money from the opening of one of those accts, but its likely sold to an investor and the process repeats. Of course if you are late or have problems on your current mort, you credit wont allow a refi. As I use to tell folks when I sold credit cards, you cant borrow money when you need it, so get all the credit you can when you dont need it.