View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 10:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Vince-HX
Ecoformance Engineer

EJ7 - '96 honda civic Hx
Last 3: 58.02 mpg (US)
Thanks

In my line of work I sweat all day to produce products that help make insanely powerful engines so this kind of project is fun because its different. The best part is that i can use the same fabrication skills and equipment on this project.

Oh, also a leanburn cruise control will be added to the vehicle for maximum possible mpg.

Also I am a huge fan of water/meth injection kits for forced induction and from what ive researched they can be of some benifit to a NA application as far as efficiency is concerned.

And in the next few weeks I plan to build a custom stainless "ramhorn" turbo manifold with a full 2.25 inch exhaust. No turbo just yet

Here are my ultimate plans

-finish all mods
-achieve max mpg N/A
-swap y5 bottom end for z6
-install custom turbo kit, tune with Neptune (200 hp wanted, 300hp capable block, turbo limited for maximum response.
-custom tune to mimic leanburn maps up to 18 to 1 or so (hope to still achieve 40 mpg)
-refresh y5 bottom end

So I would have the best of both worlds, and it only takes a weekend to swap engines.

Alot of people think i'm crazy, just wanted to throw that out there, haha

And these forums are great

70 mpg or die modding

www.full-race.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
looking forward to seeing what kind of uber-sipper slinks out of the full race skunkworks.