View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
ps2fixer
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
Michigan Tailgators (Aggressive Driving Report Form)

I have been having a lot of issues with tailgaters lately. I don't have another option for a new route with out having the use the free way for 80% of the trip to/from work. Normally on back roads I drive 45mph, and NEVER had problems, the people just pass. On the main road (55mph speed limit) I drive 50 in good weather, and if it is foggy or unsafe to pass, I drive 55mph to help the ones behind me from wanting to pass. If they do, I'm watching closely. This does not cover snowy situations. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about ones that are riding closer than they should, but people that are less than 12 inches away from your rear bumper.

Now to the point of the thread, I finally found this form to report people for bad driving within Michigan. Only requirement is you must be willing to testify in court if there is an arrest.

MSP - Aggressive Driving Form

Here is the back story if your interested...

I'm at a stop light behind a truck with a boat, and a guy pulls up and stops pretty close to me which is pretty common. Light turns green, and the guy in the truck takes off slowly (ecomodder member? lol), and turns into the gastaion on the corner. The guy behind me is about hitting me when I slowed down. Once the truck was out of the way, I took off like I normally do and watched the one behind me.... inches away. Way too close for what I can tolerate (too many close calls at 40+mph), so once I hit 35mph, I tap my brakes wtih my left foot to signal to back off.... well all that did was make them get closer. Took the situation into my own hands and pulled off the road to let them by. They wanted to signal they didn't like me/my drving or something, so they stopped next to me and flew the bird, then took off.

After that I pulled off to where I was going (not far away) to let me catch my nerves etc. People that drive like that is going to kill someone....

Sadly I didn't get the license plate, but I should have, if I knew this form existed.

What do you guys do to deal with tailgaters (SAFELY!). My mom is the one that suggest pulling off the road after I had a guy that wouldn't pass me, and was inches away as well. Slowly slowed down to 30mph, and a big ford truck just about went off the road slamming the brakes on nearly hitting the car behind me, can't believe they couldn't see their brake lights, or the fact they were coming up super fast on the car.