View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gealii
The Dirty330 Modder

CruzeRS - '15 Chevy Cruze LT RS
90 day: 41.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcomesarippin View Post
Well tomorrow Im going to start making my air dam. I figure it will help out alot since I dont want to lower my car (cost $80, cheap, but I like to keep my money in my bike) and its a mustang, it can be aerodynamic... but the parts of the front end that are lacking, are lacking badly.

Before I start this I just want to know what the little pieces at the bottom of the air dams the come out vertically are for? Should I try to fab one for mine or is that only for cars that are constantly going over 100?
if instead of vertically you mean horizontally beings air dams are already vertical. They are referred to as splitters and on 100+ mph cars they provide down force to keep the car from taking off. I am not sure if anything was said on whether or not it is good for FE yet but i would like to say a small 1 would be good to help the air from slipping below the air dam. If you decide to go with lawn edging some come with a basic small splitter already mounted on it.

I have this design on my air dam but i am about to shorten my dam to the height of my future belly pan

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing."
- Henry Ford