View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Gealii
The Dirty330 Modder

CruzeRS - '15 Chevy Cruze LT RS
90 day: 41.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcomesarippin View Post
looks good! yeah, I will say my undercarriage inst so clean. Drive shaft, rear end, trans. It could potentially help me more. I might go with some wheel covers soon. It would be really easy to do, the center cap just pops on and off. I could bolt the wheel covers to those, put id be afraid they might pop off at higher speeds!?

I'm getting a lot better I believe! I need to work on my inner city driving, but my interstate driving has improved a lot lately. I had a long drive today, and I hardly ever hit 65, and I (safely, I always check with the truck driver, and always the mirrors are visible to me) drafted most of the time.
I'm with you on not wanting them to fly off i'm assuming you have the standard for pop in caps where the rims have an indent and the cap pops into it and not the outer over lug caps more on f150s i believe. I have seen a design with the outer over lug caps done on an s10.

I personally like zip ties for wheel covers there cheap and i haven't had a problem with them coming off on wheels. I just slid them through the circles on steel wheels could be done with alloy rims around another object. And the ties do come close to the brakes but do not make contact.

As far as driving on the highway as long as you stay far enough behind to see the semis mirrors they don't have a problem with drafters and people behind you will either pass or draft. In the city just forget about others, if they start to tail gate you don't worry just go at your own pace no point in rushing up to red lights.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0925121621-00.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	11732  

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing."
- Henry Ford
The Following User Says Thank You to Gealii For This Useful Post:
mpg_numbers_guy (03-12-2018)