View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 03:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
ps2fixer
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by campisi View Post
I really don't understand why you can't just do your thing and let them do theirs? I drive fairly slowly but I'm not an ahole about it. If there's someone behind me I don't drive 10 or 15 mph less than the limit - have some courtesy for people that don't drive the way you do.
The road has fairly heavy traffic, in about 20 miles, i have 8-15 cars pass me. There are plenty of times they can pass excpt for weekends it is really busy.

I have tried the courtesy route... ends up with people trying to hit you as well. If I ride the side of the road, the car behind bearly gets over and about hits you at the rear and front corners, so I ride in the center. I tried riding the center a couple of times, but I personally hate when people do that, and it didn't seem to effect how people passed much. If I had another route to take with out all the stops, I would take it so I could do my 45mph and get 50mpg+ tank averages with a bearly modified car.

FYI to the other poster, it is 1 lane per direction of traffic like...

->
-------------
<- <- <-

(the arrows are cars lol)
Some sections have the left turn lane (when I used to go 45mph people pass there, it is also a school zone).

-> ->
--------------
--------------
<- <-

Last edited by ps2fixer; 10-25-2012 at 03:40 AM..