View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #72 (permalink)
adamj12b
Master EcoModder

EVVette - '71 Chevy Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by evimarn View Post
Hi Adam I have the same questions as Sawickm , also will it be possible to have the controller board ready populated ,as I had an unfortunate accident were my lab was broken into and lost my equipment,right now it is not easy to re-equip due to my financial situation, and prefer to buy the boards and continue with the project and see to the equipment later.Thanks
Hello Evimarn,

Sorry to hear someone took your gear. I know how hard it is to build a personal collection of good equipment. If your looking for an affordable good scope, look at the Rigol DS1052e.

Yes, The boards will come populated and programmed with the firmware. I have not decided how the driver boards will come. Most likely, these will be kits as they are all through hole with no SMD parts.

The controller has not been fully tested yet, because of unfinished firmware. But now that people are ready for them, I will push to get them completed.

The cost is a good question. They are not as cheep as Pauls boards. These have alot of extra features as you know. Full isolation, Ethernet communication, and all the inputs and outputs. If I remember correctly, to build 1 of Pauls boards, its a little over $100 including the PCB. This controller Im hoping to have available at $199. That come down a little I think, but I dont think it will go up.

Driver boards in parts cost around $67 plus the PCB. This is the 1 off cost. Im hoping to make these available for somewhere around $90.

If there is enough people interested, I would love to put together a beta program with about 5 controllers as the first ones actually used. Let me know what you think!

-Adam

You can download RTD Explorer for the Cougar controllers at www.EVVette.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adamj12b For This Useful Post:
evimarn (10-26-2012), sawickm (10-26-2012)