View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
wmjinman
Master EcoModder

Jimmy - '00 GMC Jimmy SLT
90 day: 21.18 mpg (US)

The White Gnat - '99 Suzuki Swift
Team Suzuki
90 day: 51.87 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_s10 View Post
Some s-series trucks/SUVs had a build in mileage gauge. I think what Roy was asking you was do you have the factory gauge also and if you do how accurate is it compared to the Scanguage.

For what it's worth I have an Oldsmobile Bravada that I have been trying to squeeze better mileage out of. It's basically the same as a Blazer or Jimmy but with AWD instead of 2wd or 4wd. I have done some little stuff and I have managed to get it from an average of around 14.5 up to over 19 but I am trying to keep the mods on the more mild side for now. Although I really hope to pull off the ultimate mod on this truck early next year, which would be to just go ahead and jack up the radiator cap and roll a more efficent car under it.
Oh, sorry Roy. No, my 2000 Jimmy does NOT have the built-in factory mpg readout. (at least, it's not working - some of my electronics are - weird. I think there should be a display somehwere on the dash - under the speedo, maybe? - that tells what gear I'm in, too. If so, it hasn't worked since I've owned the car. I look down at the console to see what the shifter is next to!! No "cruise" light comes on anywhere when I engage cruise control either, and I highly suspect there should be - - - at least every other car I've ever driven with cruise control has one!)