View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #91 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Descent into depravity - here is a reasonably neat 1960s saloon car, the FIAT 124. Ticks all the boxes of the time - coil spring rear (solid axle), twin cam engine, simple and minimalistic styling. Look it even goes skiiing

FIAT sold this design overseas, one purchaser was FSO of Poland - a country renowned for car excellence. They turned it into this :

Look - it has 4 headlights - wow! The metal was thicker (good) but rusted even quicker (not good). The 1.5 SOHC engine is not a twin cam and has as much "brio" as a damp weekend in Warsaw wrapped in cardboard and left in the rain - for a long time.

Not happy with committing this crime on car-humanity, FSO decided to "modernise" the 125p - more aero, more technology.

Look it also has 4 headlights, a 70s cool car then - er, except this is the early 80s. And later on, with a full on session with the ugly stick we end up with this :

On the plus side it gained a Peugeot 1.9 Diesel with a heart throbbing 71hp.

EDIT - note the "patient" woman standing in the rear of the last photo. As a compulsive car picture taker myself I recognise the hands folded stance, the "oh, here he goes again" expression

Last edited by Arragonis; 10-28-2012 at 01:47 PM..