View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 09:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Blue07CivicEX
EcoModding Apprentice

NewBlue - '07 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 38.13 mpg (US)

The Better Half - '97 Ford Ranger XLT
90 day: 25.84 mpg (US)
Thanks

I have to say, at the same time I joined this forum I joined hondacivicforum.com looking for engine improvements to get better gas mileage and you guys are very pleasant, helpful and intelligent where I didn't get that feel from the other forum (seemed to be a bunch of ricers :-/ )

I am going to see what I can find on weight for the tires I did some preliminary searches and it seemed about an 8lb reduction per wheel on the rubber alone. I need to do some more investigating on the rims, does anybody have a set of 14" steel rims they know the weight for? That would limit my work to finding out what my alloys weigh.

My SG2 should be here by the weekend so I will be able to get some pre-modification numbers before I start. I need to find a hill and do more research on coast down testing (I need to see how you guys are doing it) to get a baseline.

So far I have adjusted my driving habits trying to reduce full stops and changed my shift point from 4k to 2k I was getting around 30mpg before driving a bit aggressive (read a lot aggressive) so this tank will be 200miles eco friendly and 100 miles aggressive.

Anyway! enough ranting I just wanted to say thanks for the help!
Starting point 30mpg ready...... GO.