View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
DirtyTorquer
EcoModding Lurker

Talking Hello from across the pond

Greetings peoples. I've come across this forum a few times finding things that people have done rather interesting. Since I am now a more fuel effiecient minded person, I am slowly starting to do things to my daily driver (2003 E46 320D touring) to see just how far up the MPG ladder I can get it.

It has only been about the last year that I have really been bothered with getting better MPG out of the car. At the moment I see a rough average of 56 UK MPG (46 US MPG) to work and back...which I think is not too bad considering I work in London...and the traffic is not always the best at times. While I could get the ECU remapped for economy...I'm just going to leave it as it has been for a very long time...remapped for best performance. I have done minor intake modifications, removed one of the catalytic converters and changed the 11+ kgs (24+lbs) m sport wheels for 8+kgs (17+lbs) of the same diameter...but now its time to get a bit more serious. The next project for the car is a full aluminium composite sheet under tray, with lourves for cooling where needed and a diffuser to follow the existing lines of the tail end of the car.

Anyway since I have been unable to see some of the pictures people have posted on here, I decided why not sign up...it's free after all