View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
5speed5
EcoModding Apprentice

TBSS - '08 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS 2WD
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)

Wife's car - '09 Chevrolet Impala SS
90 day: 22.96 mpg (US)

Big Blue Hippo - '06 Chevrolet HHR 2LT
90 day: 45.99 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahPete View Post
Even with key to "on" position, the odometer seems to be off. The key has to be in the "running" position. I dislike the way they did this.
Me too. Also, I noticed when EOC-ing, the avg. fuel economy display (2006 doesn't have instantaneous fuel economy reading) doesn't update till the engine is running again. I don't know why.

Quote:
I am also wondering if anything bad would happen by just turning off the injectors lets say 1/2 way in the middle of injecting fuel. Would that lean out that cylinder and possibly cause detonation, or would the injector finish pumping that fuel before it shuts off?
Yes, that can cause all sorts of problems. Lean condition, high NOx emissions, confused computer.

Quote:
It seems my car does have some sort of EOC feature because sometimes when downshifting to slow down, scanguage shows 9999 indicating fuel injector shut off. I wonder if there is a way to tap into that system and shut it down when I want it off.
This is true on almost all (if not all) modern cars. It's called DFCO (Deceleration Fuel Cut Off). When the wheels are spinning the engine (the opposite of the usual scenario), the injectors cut off to save fuel. I have a really long hill to go down on my way home and in the summer, I turn on the A/C down that hill because it's free. The hill's potential energy turns the engine and the A/C compressor.