View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 07:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Recumpence
EcoModding Apprentice

My C-Max - '13 Ford C-Max SEL
Hey Guys,

I finally got my C-Max. The one I reserved had major delays in arrival. So, I bought a silver SEL instead. I put 250 miles on it so far. This thing is absolutely perfect for my needs. The rear is full of my parts and equipment for work. I have been averaging around 44.5mpg so far. Everyone on the C-Max forum insist that it takes a couple thousand miles to see the additional 2 or 3 mpg that the car is capable of giving (break-in and the computer "Learning" your driving habits). So, it looks like the EPA of 47mpg is correct.

I love this car! Due to my use of it for work (carrying a lot of parts and equipment, I.E. weight and needing access to the rear hatch) limits my aero mod possibilities. Never-the-less, I love it and I am quite certain it will live a long life and save me much in gas. I would much rather pay an American car company for a luxurious car, than to pay OPEC for gas for the privilege of driving a beater.

Oh, in case you are wondering, the engine runs 47% of the time and it runs EV 53% of the time with my driving.

Matt
The Following User Says Thank You to Recumpence For This Useful Post:
ksa8907 (10-31-2012)