View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
mackerel
Bring on the turd polish!

Pablo - '86 Toyota Pickup 1 Ton, 22RE, W56 trans, 4.300 diff.
Pickups
90 day: 25.68 mpg (US)

Red Brighton - '98 Subaru Legacy Wagon Brighton
90 day: 32.3 mpg (US)

Rust Victim - '00 Toyota Tacoma SR5, 2WD, 5 speed manual, 2.4l, Extracab.
Last 3: 29.68 mpg (US)

I'm still working on body and paint. It's going to be red.

I've got LEDs for all the tail lights, and if I can scrounge a couple more 2" rounds I might restore the forward running lights on the bed sides. I'd like to add another set of ovals: yellow ones for turn signals would show up better than doing multiple use with the red ones. I might stick the yellows in the reverse light holes, then cut new holes and add a second set of headlights (on proper relays) as new reverse lights. I saw some of these rectangular headlights on sale for $3 the other day, and the tail light mounting bar is just 1/8" aluminum.

I'm also thinking of mounting ammo cans under the bed sides where I can, to hold things like the jack, tow strap, tire lug wrench, tire chains (seasonally) and maybe a few other things I never want to have to use but should have along. I'll save cab space for other things. Or I might try to weld up something that will blend into the line of the bottom of the cab. I was thinking about a belly pan too.

I've got stake pocket panels for the back, but I'd like to have multiple options: a big locking tool box, short sides, a complete covered "camper" box, an aero-cap...

Last edited by mackerel; 10-31-2012 at 06:22 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to mackerel For This Useful Post:
turbothrush (10-31-2012)