View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
Flakbadger
Always Too Busy

White Lightning - '17 Nissan Leaf SV
Team Leaf
90 day: 159.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestclimb View Post
Where are you getting your information for this? If you are using your Ultragauge you have to tell it if you have DFCO it won't tell you.
Aha, see I didn't know that, I figured it would detect it automatically. Currently, my instantaneous MPG drops quite suddenly when shifting from neutral, to in-gear, even if my RPM's are around 3k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
Does yours have the same rule as mine - i.e. > 1400 rpm ? These results could be due to the fuel required to maintain idle (~900 rpm) out of gear vs what the ECU thinks is needed at whatever rpm in 3rd at 40 MPH is - I would google this last factor but your US Yaris might be different from our UK one.
I will research it; I will say that in my pre-Ultragauge days, I noticed a distinct jump from the engine when slowing in-gear and my RPM's dropped below around 1500. I assumed at that time I was experiencing DFCO, and later assumed my car was not doing it because of the Ultragauge's apparent lack of DFCO recognition.

Hm, learn something new every day, eh?

Current Car: White Lightning

----------------------------------------------

Retired Car: Betty White

Last edited by Flakbadger; 11-04-2012 at 11:48 AM..