View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
tastypotato
EcoModding Lurker

Civic HX2 - '97 Honda Civic HX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
Have you changed your driving habbits at all? See this for some tips -> 100+ Hypermiling / ecodriving tips & tactics for better mpg - EcoModder.com

Also welcome to ecomodder .

What I did for my corolla was find what MPH gave me the best MPG, and targeted to keep as close to that speed as I can (45mph). Some areo mods would throw you over 45mpg I bet.
I've changed my driving style but it's a little difficult to do with the elevation changes that I do every single day. I suppose one thing that I could ask is when going up a hill is it better to stay in top gear and give it more gas or down shift and hold whatever speed you entered the hill? I usually will gradually speed up to around 75-80MPH right before the base of the hill, ride it up until I have dropped to about 60MPH and then will downshift to fourth gear.

I've also been playing around with the whole Lean-Burn mode. The car doesn't really want to go into it when I get off work (11PM) and will take about 20 miles of driving before I can get it to engage. However when I leave FOR work at 1:45PM as soon as I hop on the freeway it'll engage. Maybe I'll give that Marvel Mystery Oil a shot?

I also recently replaced the power steering pump because the old one was making not so nice noises in the cold weather.