View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
serialk11r
Master EcoModder

spyder2 - '00 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Decrease in throttle position = reduced vacuum loss? Hmmm? That doesn't sound right to me... Higher throttle position at the same or lower rpm should be less vacuum loss usually. Percentage throttle position doesn't tell you much because throttle position and load/pressure are definitely not linearly correlated at all.

At lower rpms, VE being low is an indication of the cam bleeding off some charge, which in theory should be good for mpg. So yes your VE at 2800 rpm with the increased bore should look something like your VE at 3000rpm or something currently but that's not going to be good for mpg.

If you're keeping the head the same, it seems like your top end will not see much improvement due to flow restriction. I also don't think that 11.5 is that much of a problem for turbo, you just need to keep the boost down a little, maybe like 0.7 bar? (still a respectable 70% increase in torque) Deleted balance shafts is pretty hardcore, I'm guessing you're going to have the rotating assembly balanced and the pistons and rods balanced as well?