View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 03:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Blue07CivicEX
EcoModding Apprentice

NewBlue - '07 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 38.13 mpg (US)

The Better Half - '97 Ford Ranger XLT
90 day: 25.84 mpg (US)
Not a good Camera

Unfortunately this camera system doesn't look feasible, I didn't look at the manuals to wire it but I did read more about the specs and how it works. It seems to tap into the backup lamps for a trigger sense to turn on and wake up the lcd and camera (I'm sure this could be fixed) the manufacturer says it shouldn't be run full time as it will cause early failure.

Also, the one review I read says if you're around a 2.4ghz wifi it will cause the LCD to go haywire.

Last but not least there is only one channel of RF causing only one camera to work in an application two active camera's within 30ft will cause interference and again display going haywire.

On another note, this sparked my interest and I am doing some research on placing an old dell PC I have in my console and having 2 USB webcams looking out my back side windows with small (4" diag) lcd displays mounted on the inside of where the sideviews used to be. I speculate (yeah yeah i know not good to do) the extra demand on the battery/alternator will be negligible compared to the reduction in cd.

I welcome corrections to my possibly flawed plan.
Starting point 30mpg ready...... GO.