View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 06:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
zjrog
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
You know, I actually wrote about 5 different responses earlier, all of which might have been seen as imflammatory. We don't need that. I don't feel like being banned or suspended either. Yelling and name calling just doesn't get anything done.

I do not believe MAN is capable of reversing what I see as a natural occurence. Did we help get here? I just don't know. Don't forget that the sun is a big influence. And the lack of sunspots could indeed bring the temps down. To think the sun has no effect on our climate is just plain silly.

Look, I drive an evil SUV... I make no apology. I am trying to conserve fuel, and energy where I can. It is the right thing for me to do. Fiscally. Oh how I'd love to get 25 MPG from the Jeep. But my last tank for the Neon was 34 MPG. The best I've ever recorded for the little car.

But I think the government needs to get back from the whole debate until there is some real science done. Not the "science" driven by the UN's panel... Look what has happened to prices since food (corn) was tied to fuel...