View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 06:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
lunarhighway
Master EcoModder

vectra a - '95 Opel Vectra GLS
90 day: 37.51 mpg (US)
Quote:
Nice,,,you have a brake ???
nope, just folded everything with my hands over the edge of the workbench or along some metal bars... the folds are not perfect, but thats mostely because the edge of the bench was chipped. in the places where i needed a real tight fold i rubbed the handle of a file back and forth while applying pressure

this stuff is just great to work with, making this out of carboard would be more difficult.

the folds also make it pretty rigid... it will need some support in the center to keep it form makeing noise on the car though.

the holes where not drilled but i just punched a hole in with a big self tapping screw and a hammer and than screwed it in all the way, and than used a bigger screw to get the right size... worked faster and more presise than a drill... this method along with some hamering of the spot with a big bolt, provided a nice recess where the screws can sit.

i've been driveing for two days without any tray, and i can honestly say, the difference is big! the car feels much less stable and more noisy, can't comment on FE changes yet though, can't wait to put this on thoug!

*i can coast for miles and miles and miles*