View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Blue07CivicEX
EcoModding Apprentice

NewBlue - '07 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 38.13 mpg (US)

The Better Half - '97 Ford Ranger XLT
90 day: 25.84 mpg (US)
2007 Civic Coupe Modifications

I have seen some other threads following car updates and upgrades and figured I would show mine on here as well if that's alright with everyone. I have a 2007 Civic Coupe EX (yes I know lots of weight for the extra features). I bought this last summer new from the dealer and have gotten between 28 and 35mpg driving aggressive.

I am currently on my first eco-friendly tank of gas (driving better). For the time being I am looking at non-damaging modifications as it is a new car and I'd like to keep it fairly shiny for awhile.

Next week I have a trip from Albany, NY to Buffalo, NY and back (around 300 miles each way). I have created fog lamp covers and an upper grill block out of plastic document holders ($.79 at walmart) and plan to drive out stock and add them with wire ties and tape for the drive back I should have my SG2 by then but it won't be calibrated but it should still help.

I would much rather work on getting better at P&G and drafting on the way out but i'm thinking set the cruise at 65 and just drive to get the best results on a comparison of before and after. What are peoples inputs on the test method?

Also I know everyone likes pictures so here are some of my bug covered Civic, modification ideas are welcome. I will have pics of my fog lamp covers and grill block later tonight (I left them in the car when I came upstairs whoops).

The picture under my car is a huge void on the opposite side from the muffler (so ricers can put in dual mufflers i would guess). That's going to be a priority too I believe.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0034.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	911   Click image for larger version

Name:	drivers_side_small.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	912   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front_small.JPG
Views:	333