View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
AaronMartinSole
Your car looks ridiculous

The Fantastic Festiva - '90 Ford Festiva L
90 day: 43.16 mpg (US)

A Civic Duty - '96 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 34.9 mpg (US)

Ranger Danger - '96 Ford Ranger XL
90 day: 17.42 mpg (US)
Where to get Election Coroplast Signs and How to Make Coroplast Skirts and Grill

Now that the election is over, what happens to all of the chloroplast election signs? There are so many uses for them, not only for ecomodding. I've seen beautiful birdhouses made out of different color signs and things like that. "Re-purposing" is the new eco-friendly artistic thing that's in trend nowadays, with Etsy and things like that.

But anyway, where do we go to get them? Recycling places? Dumps? Behind government buildings? If so, what specific government building or center?

So I've made beta version prototype template cardboard rear wheel skirts. They came out pretty good, I was pleased. But then today it started raining and I had to take them off. I used those 90 degree, right triangle, long metal corner pieces with lots of holes, to cover drywall corners ready for the mashed potatoes to go on over them. I used those metal frames for rear skirt frame, and cut out an inch of it for the top hinge over the wheel.

I drilled three holes on each side. Should I really be that concerned about rust? If so, what treatment should I use?

What other tips and tricks are there to making rear wheel skirts? I was thinking of getting election signs and just spray painting them black, and installing them with screws. There's a question: should I use screws or nuts and bolts or something else? I've seen guys put some sort of black plastic over their skirts. What material is that and is that necessary? If it's affordable, I might just cover my cardboard skirts with that material. I've also seen leather over front bumper grills. What's the purpose of that?

I'm thinking of making a front air dam. Should it just be straight up and down 90 degrees, or curved like an oval, following the natural curve of the front of the car? Which is more aerodynamic?

Oh, I think I'd like to make the front air dam a clear plastic. What material is that called and is it easily obtainable and affordable?

Last edited by Piwoslaw; 11-09-2012 at 02:01 AM..