View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
It's true. Though I did have a really nice example of a 2000 Firefly (Metro/Swift etc) with a 1.0L as well, and given the choice between a beater Insight with a dead pack and another nice, low mile Firefly I would go with the Insight. Honda was out to prove something with these cars, and it comes through in the design and quality. And luckily for the ecomodder crowd, most people are scared off by an old hybrid, especially one with a hurt battery pack, so there are some good deals to be had out there on them.

I will edit that by saying that up here in Canada we only had the 5 speed version. I have no input on a CVT model. There was a 2004 (I think) CVT for sale up here in the summer with with super low miles (trying to remember, I think it was 70k KMs so 43k miles) that had been imported from the USA. It was NICE. Like get in a time machine and go back to 2004 and it looked the same nice. They wanted $11000 for it. What is it worth? I have no idea. If it had been a 5 speed I would have drooled over it a lot more, but I still wouldn't have bought it. They are a neat car, and people will pay what they want to for one, but they are hard to put a value on.

Last edited by War_Wagon; 11-08-2012 at 11:57 PM..