View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #56 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,596 Times in 7,079 Posts
AndrzejM -- The Template is unforgiving. In this case I added a section in the middle and changed the width/height ratio, but that is an otherwise accurate truncation of the Template form. If anything it could slide forward until stopped by the door opening, but the tops of the rear tires are the constraint. Them being 3' further back and 17" wider than the B-pillar gives the result you see.

Here is an earlier mock-up:

I think in the next iteration, I will move the back bumper back 18", curve the lower aeroform to fit and let the upper aeroform overhang the bumper by 18". Doing so would not lose much taper.

elhigh -- I've driven nothing else since my current car sold new in South Dakota in 1972. Except for all the Type IIs and Type IIIs.

Economical; but I spent money every month on HVW ...and VW Trends ...and VW Greats ...and Porsche/VW ...and Volksworld and UltraVW from Europe, and etc. I got the MIleage Motor series off the newsstand and the VW Greats article on Karcey's Ghia.

HVW should have put that Mileage Motor in a top-chopped Rat Rod, and hit 50 mpg (see my Profile Picture). I want to go half drivetrain and half aero to get to Prius-like mileage, 42-45mpg.

For a good look at VW mileage discussion try:
Gas mileage discussion + thread collection

Last edited by freebeard; 11-12-2012 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: capitalization